Spotlighting Today’s Cloud Champions
Cybersecurity is a hot topic, and for good reason. But with the rapid-fire content coming out around this topic, it can be difficult to make sense of the noise and truly keep up. So, in honor of National Cyber Security Awareness Month, we put together this list of thought leaders– in no particular order– that we’ve identified as the top 19 cybersecurity experts:
- Brian Krebs (@briankrebs) is an independent investigative journalist with a daily blog dedicated to all aspects of cyber-crime. After the Lion Worm came around and locked Brian out of his system twice, his obsession with Internet security and computers was born and won’t be letting up anytime soon.
- Brian Honan (@brianhonan) is internationally recognized as an infosec consultant, blogger and head of Ireland’s Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT). Brian’s expertise in information security is recognized through his speaking at various industry conferences.
- Alex Hutton (@alexhutton) has been involved in InfoSec since 1994, when he was asked to educate customers as to why they needed these expensive “firewall things”. Alex blogs about risk and security management and is a frequent speaker on cybersecurity.
- Jeremiah Grossman (@jeremiahg) is the founder of WhiteHat Security and a well-known security expert and industry veteran. Prior to launching his company, Jeremiah was as an information security officer at Yahoo! and has been sharing his infosec knowledge on Twitter since 2008.
- Mike Dahn (@mikd), known as the “guy who likes to talk about payment security, risk management, and regulatory compliance,” strives to create a community that enables the balance in chaordic life moments.
- Rich Mogull (@rmogull) has 20 years of experience in information and physical security, and risk management, where he founded Securosis, the world’s leading independent security research and advisory firm. He specializes in cloud security, data security, application security and emerging security technologies.
- Phil Walton (@SFDCphil) is a Salesforce MVP and has been an independent Salesforce.com consultant since 2004. His timeline is filled with his advanced knowledge of data migration, analysis and more.
- Bob Rudis (@hrbrmstr) is a security data scientist and cybersecurity researcher who is passionate about the risk management landscape. His avid technology expertise is shown through his social posts.
- Andrew Hay (@andrewsmhay) leads the research efforts as Director of Research at OpenDNS. A Canadian security professional, Andrew is frequently approached to provide expert commentary on security-industry developments.
- Rob Wright (@RobWright22) has been writing about technology for more than 15 years and serves as the site editor at SearchSecurity. He not only enjoys Star Trek and science fiction novels, but also builds custom PCs in his spare time.
- George V. Hulme (@georgevhulme) of CSO is an award winning writer and journalist whose passion about business, technology, and IT security topics comes through in his writing. Follow George for the latest in all things security.
- Jon Oltsik (@joltsik) has almost 30 years of technology industry experience and is an ESG senior principal analyst and the founder of the firm’s cybersecurity service. As a result, Jon is widely recognized as an expert in all aspects of cybersecurity.
- Daniel Kobialka (@dkobialka) is a contributing writer for MSPmentor and Talkin’ Cloud and has produced content for numerous print and online publications, including the Boston Business Journal. Follow Daniel for cloud and SMB articles alike.
- Maria Korolov (@MariaKorolov) has covered emerging technology and markets for the past twenty years with a focus on cybersecurity. Maria has recently returned to the United States after running a news bureau in China for five years.
- Graham Cluley (@gcluley) is an award-winning cybersecurity expert, writer and speaker. Graham’s been in the industry since the early ‘90s and has been featured on BBC News, CNN, NPR, Good Morning America and TechCrunch.
- Anton Chuvakin (@) is Research Vice President at Gartner and a frequent blogger with an impressive internet presence around his cybersecurity insights. Check out his blog.
- Bruce Schneier (@) is a well-accomplished cybersecurity writer. With thirteen books under his belt, it’s no wonder The Economist dubbed him a security guru.
- Chris Wysopal (@) is co-founder, CTO and CISO of Veracode, a cloud-based security provider for web and mobile apps. Follow him on twitter for updates on security transparency and more.
- David Spark (@dspark) is a veteran tech journalist and the founder of Spark Media Solutions, a brand journalism firm that helps its clients be seen as leading voices in their field through brand-quality media production.
Is There Anyone We Missed?
Who do you turn to for your cybersecurity insights and updates? If any of them didn’t make our list, tweet your recommendations @cloudlock. And, to gain even more cyber security awareness, check out our video overview of data protection in the cloud.