Imagine a beautiful world where SaaS applications are used by individuals and organizations alike, where information is shared freely, with the right people, without risk to its integrity or exposure outside the intended the audience.
Now open your eyes. That reality is close, but we’re not quite there yet. The more SaaS platforms individuals and organizations adopt, the more collaborative, efficient, and transparent we and our organizations become – sometimes at the price of corporate security.
Whether you’re in security operations, are managing any one of said SaaS platforms (Salesforce, Dropbox, Office365, you name it), or are concerned about cloud data protection as part of your IT strategy, considering your next move to protect data in the cloud is essential. It can get confusing, and you do not have to be a dummy to get lost in the details.
Cloud Data Protection: Where to Start?
But where to start? We hear security professionals asking the following every. single. day.
- How safe is our data in the cloud?
- Is access to our cloud resources being adequately controlled?
- Are we still compliant with applicable regulations?
To help frame and organize some thoughts around the topic, we released an official, shiny “Cloud Data Protection for Dummies” book. Taking cloud data protection beyond the 101 concepts, the book lavishes readers with gruesome details that help you:
- Discover and prioritize risk in your own cloud environment
- Understand the different approaches one can take in addressing it
- Get through the dirty details of building and implementing a successful cloud security strategy
- Finally, consider, if needed, a third party solution based on key criteria
The book does assume you have a working knowledge of cloud computing and security – call it… 201, perhaps.
Read the book and let us know what you think!