There’s been no shortage of buzz around Microsoft Office 365, including the recent announcement that the Office 365 desktop apps will support real-time coauthoring and the Office 2016 Public Preview availability.
Whether you’re a power user looking to unlock hidden functionalities or simply want to increase your comfort level within Office 365, you’ve come to the right place. In our next blog, we’ll focus on Office 365 security considerations, but let’s keep it light and helpful for now with some general Office 365 tips and tricks.
Office 365 Tips and Tricks
1) Office 365 Outlook Connectivity Guided Walkthrough. Say goodbye to afternoons spent staring in bewilderment at your email client. Microsoft now offers a support tool dedicated to diagnosing and resolving Outlook connectivity issues.
2) Office Store. Third-party applications play a large role in adding functionality to many cloud platforms. Office 365 is no different – Microsoft offers well over 1,000 opportunities to integrate with third-party SaaS providers, ranging from productivity apps, to sales & marketing tools, to visualization apps, and beyond.
3) Skype Integration. Working on a document with a colleague and want to chat with them? Office 365 enables chat functionality via Skype. The best part is can pick up where you left off the chat after leaving the document via desktop or mobile client with ease – a tremendous value add for users.
4) One Drive Android App. Whether you use OneDrive in your personal life or enjoy OneDrive for Business in the workplace, Microsoft has you covered on the go with the OneDrive android app. In fact, they make it easy to switch between personal and corporate accounts within the application itself. Bonus: for the shutterbugs among us, OneDrive makes a great photo backup solution.
5) Docusign Integration. Speaking of the Office Store, why not simplify your digital life with the Docusign app and electronically sign your documents. Docusign allows you to ditch the inefficient print, sign, and scan routine and focus on your work.
Make the Most of Your New Skills
Now that you’re armed with five new tips, get your FREE Cloud Security Assessment to make sure you can go forth and prosper. Uncover cybersecurity risk across your entire cloud environment, including Office365, and:
- Expose potential compromised accounts, cloud malware, or data security violations
- Validate adherence with internal or industry-governed regulations– PCI, HIPAA, FERPA, and more
- Receive a business analysis, mapping findings to your organizational goals