CloudLock Security Policy Engine for Google Docs and Sites
Collaboration has become a key aspect in any organization’s daily operations and an integral way in which employees work together to get things done. The importance of allowing secure collaboration to increase productivity is evident when collaborating both internally and externally.
Enabling secure collaboration in Google Apps is critical when companies:
- Collaborate between departments and different organizational units
- Work with external vendors and third-party contractors
- Engage in projects with other companies
Even though collaboration has direct impact on employee productivity, many organizations are still reluctant to enable external collaboration for fear that users will mistakenly share sensitive information outside their organization.
Though fear of exposing sensitive data is valid, simply turning off external collaboration is a short-sighted solution. Since collaboration is so essential, employees will find ways to collaborate, even if that means sharing data via channels that are not sanctioned or controlled by the organization. The real challenge is not how to prevent employees from collaborating, but how to enable them to collaborate securely to allow them perform their daily tasks.
Keep Data Safe When Sharing Externally
The CloudLock Security Policy Engine empowers organizations to implement secure collaboration zones and enforce acceptable use policies in Google Docs and Google Sites to ensure compliance and data security.
With CloudLock’s Secure Policy Engine companies can:
- Create Secure Collaboration Zones – Allowing customers to create and define who is allowed in a zone and enforce rules for collaboration both internally and externally
- Enforce Acceptable Use Policies – Define acceptable use policies to enforce internal governance and sharing
- Put Data Security on Autopilot – Providing ongoing monitoring and continuous scans to alert when policies have been violated