CloudLock Compliance Scan
“Enterprises handling sensitive data, including personally identifiable information, have a responsibility to protect access to this information regardless of whether the information is kept on-premises or in a cloud-based provider. Moving to the cloud doesn’t remove this responsibility, nor does it shift it solely to the cloud provider– enterprise security policies must be extended to cloud-based information and we need to be able to show compliance with these policies.”
Neil MacDonald, Vice President and Gartner Fellow
As more companies begin using Google Drive (Docs) as their primary cloud file server, they need the ability to identify and protect Personally Identifiable Information (PII) stored and shared in Google Docs.
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is information that can be used to uniquely identify, contact, or locate a single individual. A few examples:
- Credit card numbers
- Social Security numbers
- Phone numbers, addresses, and other sensitive data
Find and Protect PII, PCI and Sensitive Data in Google Drive
Detect, Classify, and Protect PII in Google Drive (Docs)
CloudLock Compliance Scan is an industry-first pattern matching engine that identifies, classifies, and secures very sensitive information including Personally Identifiable Information (PII) like Social Security Numbers, PCI data like Credit Card Numbers, and any custom regular expressions, allowing Google Apps customers to address auditing and compliance requirements in Google Drive (Docs).
CloudLock Compliance Scan lets organizations answer the three key questions they must answer about sensitive data stored in Google Docs:
- How can we ensure PII and PCI compliance in Google Drive (Docs)?
- How can we find and protect files containing Social Security Numbers and Credit Card Numbers?
- How do I perform RegEx searches for pattern matching in Google Docs (Drive)?
The following guides illustrate how organizations using Google Docs and Drive can find, classify, and protect PII and PCI data:
- How To Find and Protect Personally Identifiable Information (PII) In Google Docs and Drive
- How To Find and Protect Credit Card Numbers In Google Docs and Drive
- How To Find and Protect Social Security Numbers In Google Docs and Drive
- How To Find and Protect Sensitive Data with Custom Pattern Matching in Google Docs and Drive
- Best Practices for Protecting Personally Identifiable Information (PII) In Google Docs and Drive